Feb 26, 2009

There's a baby in there!

I know this must sound silly...but there's a baby in me!! We went to the doctor today and got to see our baby. The last time we saw our baby, he or she was a blimp on the screen, a tiny heartbeat, a little clam. It was hard to believe that what we were looking at was really a tiny human being. But now the baby actually looks like a baby! We saw the nose, arm, hand, leg, and foot with five tiny toes (we're looking at a profile - I'm pretty sure there are going to be ten total)! The goal was to hear the heartbeat, but little "peanut" didn't want to cooperate just right. We have no doubt that next visit will be the heartbeat hearing. (We have a picture and hopefully I'll get to post it soon.)

I don't feel any different, haven't been sick (maybe a little moody, but that's passed - don't ask Philip, but I'm sure he'll agree;)), don't look any bigger to the average eye, but according to the doctor, there's a baby in me! I can't imagine how much he or she'll have grown in four weeks. I doubt I'll be still fitting in my clothes then.

We're super excited and I can't wait until the next stage! I wonder if it's a boy or a girl... I think we might be having a girl...

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww! I'm so happy and excited for the 2 of you! My grandchild is being carried by my firstborn!! :o)

    Oh happiness and joy joy!! Love, hugs and kisses!

    MOM

    ReplyDelete