We realized today that this time next year a seventh month old will enjoy Easter with us! In fact, of the family holidays one other big one (Independence Day) will be celebrated without a baby in the house. It's mind boggling to think that come Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc, etc. a child is very likely to dictate what we do on those days. No longer will it be just the two of us, but three of us celebrating together! I can't wait for the day when our little one will be dying eggs, egg hunting, and dressing up in his or her Easter best. My current (and I'm sure future) excitement will overshadow the fact that a seventh month old can't walk to find the eggs or understand that the egg dye isn't to be sloshed or splashed in the kitchen. It's wonderful to know that next year and the years to come will make holidays so much more fun!
And I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move today! Popcorn in the belly? Yep, pretty sure I didn't swallow a handful of popcorn kernels. :) Only felt it once, but hoping the events will come closer together very soon.
Boy or girl? 18 days...
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for baby movement!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your totally right about the baby dictating your holiday plans, but it's a wonderful dictating! I'm so excited for you guys... and super sad that I'm not around to be a part of it.
Love you muchly :)
I am so excited for you Tracy. You are going to be a fabulous and loving mom. It is wonderful even in the middle of the night. I will put your blog on my bloglist and keep up to date. I want to see a baby bump picture!
ReplyDelete