Sometimes Tahoe, our cat, and I have a love-hate relationship. It's developed as such since the baby came home. However, lately he isn't quite the pain to me as he has been in recent months.
Emilia never sees a problem with the cat, and she would love to embrace him at all times. The cat does not return the affection. As soon as she comes crawling, Tahoe goes running. Occasionally, he does (while I'm holding her) let Emilia pet him lightly. Left to her own devices, however, she would grab gobs of fur, laughing during the process. This was recently tested.
Yesterday, I set Emilia in the middle of the floor, while I walked a few feet to the kitchen for something to drink. Glancing back to check on her, I realized she had already crawled nearly 10 feet to Tahoe's bed, where he was calmly sleeping. By the time I ran over to her, she had quickly stretched her nine month arm into his bed and grabbed a gob of his fur with her cute, chubby hand! (The cat did NOT think this was cute!) She, of course, was grinning, proud of what she had done. The cat is now truly awake, but just staring at me, pleading that I stop her. Poor thing didn't even wince. No meows, hisses, or scratch attempts. He was as quiet as could be! I was so proud of him! She, on the other hand, has yet to learn the lesson of leaving the cat, his bed, or toys alone.
Attempt number two,
after Tahoe realized his bed wasn't safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment