Looking back on this time last year (when I was 7 months pregnant), America's Independence day was not exactly how I thought it would be, but it was still prettygreat. After church, we went to Philip's family's for the barbecue, swimming, and fireworks.
Dennis and Linda made a delicious meal of barbecued chicken and steak with potato salad, grilled corn, salad, watermelon, and flag cake! They put the grill to good use!
Afterward, we headed out for swimming. This was Emilia's first time in a pool, and we were all anxious to see how she'd take to water. She loves baths, so I thought it would be a very pleasant experience. I put on her swimsuit, lathered her up in sunscreen, packed up the floaties, and headed out to the community pool. Turns out it took her a little longer to get used to the vastness of the kiddy water than we thought; luckily it was just the family.
Much better without the floaties.
Apparently they were too tight. :(
We'll know for next time.
As the sun started to set, Emilia was getting pretty pooped and we headed back to the house. After being changed and fed, she went to sleep. No fireworks for her! Just as well because the lights and popping sounds would have scared her. Philip and the boys enjoyed lighting the explosives and scaring the females out of their wits. Luckily, no lost limbs or eyeballs! Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the havoc they were wreaking, but trust me - lots of fun was had!
No comments:
Post a Comment