Aug 8, 2010

Florida Trip

The Minters finally went on a family vacation all together. Philip was able to get a week off work, and I had a conference to attend for a few days. We packed up the suitcases (Emilia had to have a mini-one for herself), and boarded the airplane headed to Orlando. Luckily, the direct flight didn't mean layovers and long waits in different airports with a near toddler on our hands. I had flown with Emilia before, when she was 3 1/2 months old. Obviously, a 10 month old brings a very different scenario, and we were very glad Philip was with us this time. Although she was scared at first, the plane ride proved fun for Emilia as she met new "friends" who enjoyed her smile. She didn't enjoy sitting still. Thus, the plane ride wasn't as fun for Mom and Dad. But I must say that considering the circumstances, she did superbly!


We spent the first few days in Orlando. Because I was there for work, we were able to score tickets for Epcot; Emilia got to experience her first amusement park ride.


It was so hot. Poor girl!
We were anxious to get inside, somewhere cool. So we did

Emilia's first ride: "Finding Nemo."
After the initial shock, she loved it.
PLUS, it was air conditioned!

Since my cousin lives only an hour from there, we spent Wednesday and Thursday with her family. The kids loved playing together. I think it was Emilia's favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment