Rachel and I had a great plan to spend some time together... she flies to Nashville, spends a few days, then we drive to Arkansas (5 1/2 hours away) where Justin can pick up her and Arabel, after we see a singing/dancing production from our Alma Mater. Please keep in mind (as we apparently did not when planning this excursion) that we have two younguns, almost 7 months and 19 months. Paul and LeighAnne caught whiff of our idea, and jumped on board so we could have a fun cousin/sibling playtime. We were all very happy they did!
I can sense a long post, so to keep things to a minimum, I'll give you the highlights and post the pictures (because, as we all know, that is the main reason you look at this blog, right?!?).
The trip down needed some breaking up, so Rach and I decided to have a little Subway picnic at a rest area. The girls loved getting out, breathing "fresh" air (how fresh can it be hundreds of yards from an Interstate laden with cars and exhaust?), and running around. This, of course, was a great time to snap pictures.
Free from the car! Yay!
Timer pic... the wind was blowing my hair as I RAN to the blanket.
We stayed with Rachel's in-laws Friday night, resting up for a HUGE day of festivities on Saturday! To break up your reading, let's put that in post #2!
No comments:
Post a Comment