Mar 1, 2013

Cereal

We started Henry on cereal one week shy of turning 5 months. He was always so interested in what we were doing at the table, and has even tried drinking from our cups, that I decided to let him taste some solid food - bowl, spoon, bib, the works! It was nice that my parents were here to help capture his excitement. I could not believe how well he ate and took to the spoon. He was so excited he nearly squealed at the sight of it. Once he tasted the "yummy" white rice goodness, he lunged forward for more and more. My mom had to hold him back.












About a week later I introduced applesauce. He gobbled that in a matter of seconds! We only give him one solid food meal a day, usually at dinner time. At six months, we'll up the ante a bit to two or three meals a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment