At 7 months, Henry can:
- Eat squash, sweet potatoes (I realized I can make them myself and save TONS of money. One sweet potato = $1; one sweet potato = 8 servings. Thus, $1 = 8 servings. Who would've thought I didn't have to spend $.50 - $1 a serving if I didn't want to?), applesauce (also cheaper when purchased as unsweetened applesauce in the big jar instead of the baby food variety), oatmeal cereal, rice cereal, Cream of Wheat, pears, peaches. He does not care for carrots, avocado, green beans, or peas (to which he is also allergic). We'll try those again in a month or two. He's a stinker when he closes his mouth and sticks out his tongue to taste the food on the spoon before he'll eat it. I guess he's tried enough food he doesn't like!
- Crawl, pull-up to a standing position (even on the wall now), and cruise the furniture.
- Start to babble in specific tones and "phrases," as if he's trying to tell us something specific.
- Say "da-da," but usually not to anyone in particular. He enjoys doing this when he thinks no one can hear him (he doesn't know about the baby monitor yet).
- Scream out or cry if Emilia takes away a toy he wants (even if he's not supposed to have it).
- Crawl straight for cat food and water, electrical cords, outlets. If you pick him up, turn him around, he'll go right back to where he was - unless, of course, he finds something more dangerous to play with.
- Use his radar to locate an open door to the bathroom and Emilia's room because he knows he's not allowed in there (you should see his face when it gets closed just before he reaches his destination - poor guy!)
No comments:
Post a Comment