Oct 5, 2008

Brand-New All Over Again

Living comfortably in Charlotte (30 minutes from Traci's parents and 15 minutes from Philip's parents), we didn't have much to worry about. Traci had a nice job teaching English to ungrateful and crazy eighth graders and Philip worked for Husqvarna, slowly working his way up the proverbial corporate "ladder."

God intervened, knowing we could handle something more complicated, yet more exciting. We packed up nearly two years of married life and any odds and ends left at the parents' (along with the crying cat), and trucked seven hours to Cool Springs, TN - never before trekked by us or any of our relatives.

It's been an adventure getting to know a new area - new churches, grocery stores, restaurants, and places to have fun. The jobs prove interesting as we muddle through new rules and expectations. Being brand-new has its perks in starting over and forgetting things you want to forget; it also can be frustrating because no one else knows how wonderful you really are!

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited you have a blog going, I can keep up with you two now! I ought to meet your husband one of these days! :) Esp. now that you live in the same city/state that some of my extended fam does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Love the Blog spot! It even has a catchy title!! Don't you just love middle TN!!!???? Your dad and I always did too. Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci, I was looking at my sister's blog and others and saw yours. I'm glad you are doing well. You look very happy! Hope you guys have a wonderful life, as I'm sure you will. I like what you said about forgetting things in the past...I have, too. Please pray for me, the single life is interesting and I'm enjoying it for the most part. More hopeful these days. God bless! -Kyla

    ReplyDelete