Waiting to leave for Bible class
Ready for church
Swapping kisses
My cousin Nicki, Papa, and me
Two weeks to the day that we took these pictures, we laid him to rest after 84 1/2 years of an eventful, God-fearing life. I will never forget his laugh, jokes, annoying songs to wake me up in the morning, or his serious voice when he imparted life-advice. Especially memorable are the tears he had in his eyes as he said "I love you" for what he knew would be the last time. It was hard for him to say good-bye to me…he didn't want us to leave.
I have hope in the resurrection of Christ, knowing that I will get to see him again one day. Papa is no longer hurting, no longer worried, no longer trapped by the pain of this world. We all have our roads of heartache to travel. He traveled his in good faith, always looking above to the One who could carry him. This was even more prevalent the closer he got to the unknown. May I have Faith throughout my life as my grandfather portrayed in his.
My dear sweet daughter, I could not have said this any better!! I love you.
ReplyDeleteLove, hugs and kisses,
MOM
aww Traci, you took the words outta my mouth. Im so happy I got to go.
ReplyDeleteNicki
Traci, what you thought would be a blessing for Emilia, in the long run, is a blessing to all who read your post. What a testimony of how God designed family to function. Honor your parents and your grandparents.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. May God grant you the peace that your sweet Grandpa is with Him in heaven.
Bless you, Ruth