Sep 26, 2011

Princess Party at the Park

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, year two has flown by! Today is technically her birthday, but we celebrated Saturday morning with a Princess Party at the Park (unplanned alliteration; don't knock the English teacher in me). We had a great time with beautiful weather, good friends, and delicious cupcakes. My mom was even able to travel from Charlotte to celebrate with us! We loved having her (especially Emilia...Mamaw could not leave her sight without explanation of whereabouts).

 Ready to go!!! "Come on, Mom!" "Open!"







 Trying to be a big girl on the jungle gym!



Learning Physics with Ean

At two, Emilia can do this:
  • Physics (LOL! Just kidding!)
  • Count to 13 (jumps to 16)
  • Say all of her ABC's
  • Recognize all of her letters
  • Know the colors red, green, blue, and yellow
  • Sleep in a toddler bed
  • Walk up and down steps by herself
  • Take off her diaper and some types of pants
  • Freely bounce on springs or air (bouncy houses), but not jump with two feet off the floor
  • Say two-three word sentences and questions: "Where is Mamaw going?" "What's that?" "I want it right now!" "I am two." "Kiss it." "More milk please, Mommy." (you get the idea...my kid talks A LOT...from two parents who talk a lot, not too surprising)
  • Come get me, dragging me by the hand, saying "Come here, Mommy." Or "Get up, Mommy!" Or pushes me out the door saying "[W]eave!"
  • Hum recognizable tunes
  • Sing "Baa Baa Black Sheep," "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," "Jesus Loves Me," "Pat the Bible," and other Bible class songs
  • Has a strong fascination with Disney Princesses - namely Belle from Beauty and the Beast
  • Watch Beauty and the Beast over and over and over again without getting tired of it (I love the movie, so I don't mind too much)
  • Find a way to make me laugh everyday
  • Show her affection with neck and leg hugs and multiple kisses!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment