Dec 4, 2011

Trimming the Tree

I love love love this time of year! The music, cards, lights, smiles, and - of course - the giggles from Emilia whenever she sees anything resembling Christmas.

Last Sunday, we got our tree, and over the week, we finished trimming it with lights and ornaments. Emilia's protectiveness of "Christmas Tree" proved prohibitive at first when she did not like us putting on ornaments... or lights... or touching it at all. However, as time progressed, her excitement grew, and she added a few of her own ideas - namely the poinsettias - under the tree (and took off the ornaments she didn't like; yes, we have quite an opinionated daughter.)

Stockings hung by the chimney with care...

Love her face!

Poinsettia by Emilia - even after it gets moved to where I want it, she'll move it back here.
Apparently, this is the best spot for it.
When all was said and done, she squealed with delight, running through the house. I tried to catch a little video of it. She's getting tired by this time, but at least you'll get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment