Jan 19, 2012

27-28 months

Many times I use this blog to keep track of things Emilia does so I can have a map of her milestones (especially since the baby book stopped at 12 months/18 months). This is one of those times.

Lately, she has surprised me with her sentence structure. Here are some examples of things she has said and done:
  • "I can't see Tahoe anywhere. Where is he? He's hiding." - Adding "anywhere" to when she's looking for something is a new development, but she has said fuller sentences since around Christmas.
  • She comes up with all sorts of things for her dolls and stuffed animals to do; she loves making them "wunch" from her mini-kitchen. I love to see her imagination at work!
  • "I can't see Daddy's car anywhere. I lost it!" (this one cracks me up because whenever she can't see something, she automatically says she lost it)
  • "Sing 'A Whole New World,' that song?" (She's in this mode where she wants to sing as many Disney songs I can remember; half the time, I only remember half of a verse. Seems to satisfy her, though.)
  • She can count to 20 (sometimes omitting either 16 or 17).
She's doing a great job going to the bathroom, and even attempts it on her own by sneaking off to the bathroom by herself. I must say she does well at not making a mess. Here's the kicker: she even stays dry during nap and NIGHT time! We have the occasional accident while she's sleeping, but usually that is only because I accidentally give her liquids too close to going to sleep.

She's getting much taller now, too. Her long 18 month pants started showing ankle in the past week (but 2Ts still fall off because of her little rump). I can tell her arms are longer, too. She can clearly reach things on the counter, open drawers and look inside, and see quite a bit on top of the dinner table. In fact, she just grabbed a slice of pizza off the counter, climbed in her booster seat, and is feeding herself.

She's jumping light years in just a few months. I can just imagine one morning I'll wake up to her making scrambled eggs, coffee, and toast! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment