Oct 2, 2012

Due Date

October 2, 2012 is the date I've had circled on my calendar since late January. In the back of my mind, I knew this date didn't have a large meaning - just the one we place on it to determine when a baby should arrive to add one more place holder in our family. But in the front of my mind, I really wanted to see some progress by week 40. Something. Please! However, that is not the case today. Today is just another day. Not a significant birthday in the Minter family, that's for sure. Little Henry is content where he is, and apparently plans to be for some time (he's been in the same place for the past three weeks). The doctor will let me go to 41 weeks before we decide anything big...unless Henry makes the decision for us.

I have lost 2 pounds in a week (I've only gained 31-32 lbs overall - 10 were in the first two months). Henry is now up to around 8 lbs, the doctor estimates (and his "little" head didn't look so little in the ultrasound picture today - ack!). Everything looks fine. We'll keep a close eye on him - two appointments a week now to make sure he stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment