Even though it's Saturday, and the snow didn't give me another day off of work, it still gave our family another great fun day outside. Henry and Philip stayed in this time, but Emilia and I headed out to make snow angels, build a mini-snowman, and do a little sledding. We don't have an actual sled (or anything of the princess variety as was requested by a certain three year old), but we did use boxes. At first, I thought it would be a good idea to climb in the box and slide down. However, I did not think through the part of stopping or needing two people to begin with - one to hold the box, while the other climbs in. The second idea was to break down the box, creating a slick surface on which to slide over the snow. This worked much better and we enjoyed sliding down over and over again! We had a narrow window of three hours before it started melting (by lunch we could see our grass again). Love days like today!
Rolling a snow ball for our "Frosty."
Our freaky, yet accomplished, little snowman. His nose fell off before I could get the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment