Feb 12, 2010

Cereal

As we realized our little girl never seemed to get full from only milk, we decided it was time to introduce cereal. This elicited pros and cons from me.
Pro: I'm super excited Emilia is reaching the next step.

Con: I vividly remember feeding my little sister cereal and wanting to puke from the smell.

Pro: Emilia will hopefully be fuller and sleep through the night more consistently.

Con: More utensils, dish washing, clothes washing, etc.

All-in-all, the pros were overwhelmingly more convincing than the cons, and I hoped my childhood memories were overly exaggerated by a six-year-old's imagination. Needless to say, we took the plunge and began feeding rice cereal to Emilia for dinner. In the near future, cereal will become her staple for breakfast as well. I managed to take pictures whilst feeding her (great multi-tasking, right?).
BEFORE: I wanted to get a shot of her before. See how clean her bib is?
Not for long! She's a little confused.

First "bite." 1 Tbs cereal to 5 Tbs milk doesn't make for much more than pure liquid.

Bite two.

Bite three, I think. May just be bite two again.

Finished! Note the bib.
Seems that liquid doesn't do very well on a very tiny baby spoon.
Eh, we got some of it in her mouth. :) I think she was really proud of herself.


After a confusing initial expression, the rest of the spoonfuls were met with delight. In fact, night #2 she became excited to see the spoon. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all the food introductions were this easy?? Fingers-crossed!!

1 comment: