Feb 20, 2011

My Valentine

My husband has been a jewel lately. Before I state why, you must have a little background of this past week.

Before Valentine's day, Philip had a high fever that left him a little incapacitated for a few days. It landed him in the ER twice, gave him one trip to the Minute Clinic, and two trips to the doctor. All of that and they couldn't find anything wrong. With many prayers and sleep, he is finally on his way to health after 7-8 days.

In the midst of all this, he still managed to work through his illness and create a great Valentine's day for me and the little girl. He surprised us with making a dinner with two entrees and presenting a beautiful card that nearly brought me to tears. Friday, he agreed to watch the baby while I went shopping with a friend. When I came back (late that night), he was on his hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor - he even pulled out the stove and cleaned the floor under it! The same night, I cut my foot while walking to the bedroom. He stopped what he was doing, cleaned the blood off the floor, and then off my foot and bandaged it. (Please keep in mind that he had just had a 102 fever that morning.) Last night, he helped bathe the baby and get her ready for bed. Today is the first day he's actually feeling somewhat normal again, and what is he doing? I look out the window and see he is washing my car with his own two hands!

I am a blessed woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment