Feb 3, 2011

Fever and Rash

I'm writing to tell you that we survived Emilia's first fever and case of Roseola. We've experienced the occasional cold (stuffy nose, mini-cough), but generally she has been very healthy. Last Sunday, Philip and I were thrown a little when our girl had a 101-102 fever. I noticed something was off when she didn't say a word during church Sunday night and nuzzled her little head on my chest. I dislike her being sick, but enjoy how cuddly she was. The climax came Monday night when her fever reached 103.6. The phone nurse had said that we shouldn't worry until the fever climbed to 104. Since we were kissing that, I scheduled a sick doctor's appointment the next morning. She was still at a high 102/103 mark, but nothing else (thank goodness no ear infection or strep or flu). Next, we were told to watch for a rash after the fever breaks. Sure enough, her fever broke Wednesday morning and the spots appeared within hours. A few on her belly at first, then her legs, arms, nose, cheeks, and eyelids. By Thursday, her entire front and back were immersed in light red dots. Poor thing! She was a little lethargic but still played, laughed, cried, and slept - a lot. A week later, the dots have faded and she's back to being chipper and lively.

No comments:

Post a Comment