Feb 4, 2011

Some things I forgot

The same day Emilia came down with a fever, a few more firsts happened:

Emilia had her first haircut. I needed to trim a little off the bottom to straighten her scraggly ends. She was very intrigued by what was happening, thus it was difficult to keep her still. However, after a few tries, I managed to get it as even as possible. Most can't tell a difference, but I think it looks much better.


I should have gotten a before and after - we'll just have to settle for a during.

It was also the first day she said her name "Meela." While she was getting her hair trimmed, I gave her the mini-video camera to keep her still. Consequently, I have a few cute videos of her saying her name. Such a good "snap shot" of a wonderful moment.

Now anytime she sees a picture of herself (or another blonde haired baby) or looks in the mirror, she proudly says "Meela!" Sometimes she busts out with "Mama, Da, and Meela!" She's so much fun!


1 comment: