Emilia and I traveled to see my sister, Rachel, and her family in Texas. We were home for Thanksgiving Day, but the days leading up to it were spent in Corsicana. I am thankful for the safe trip, safe car, and wonderful, content two year old who let me drive nearly 13 hours home on Wednesday.
Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade greeted us in the morning, while I made pumpkin pie. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Emilia's expressions as she saw some of her favorite characters in the balloons or on the floats (sadly, I didn't get a picture). Definitely a tradition I will continue from year to year. Then, turkey, dressing, and all the trimmings were gobbled up with Philip's family.
By far, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! The crisp Fall weather encompasses it, as the day announces the arrival of the Christmas season. It encourages us to reflect and be grateful for all of God's blessings that may become unnoticed, and surrounds us with family who loves us and good food to fill our bellies. There is no call to spend huge lumps of money. No let down at the day's end. No sigh yielding the harsh cold winter of January. It invites anticipation, excitement, and joy. Yes, I definitely love Thanksgiving Day!
I was hoping she would have been able to watch the parade! Glad she liked it.
ReplyDelete