Overall, it's really a lovely deal: a free kid's meal with the purchase of a regular one, balloon man willing to make anything a kid wants, and a singer who will sing all the kids' songs we learn to loathe and adore at the same time. By the end of the night, Emilia was loving the guy with the instruments and songs. She informed me that she "needs to dance" as she was eating her grilled chicken nuggets and fruit, moving her shoulders up and down and side-to-side. Hopping down from the chair, she joined in on the fun - playing an instrument with the other kids and "jumping" in her dance-like movements.
Part two of the night, was a library reading night at the school where I work. Emilia insisted she needed her face painted (something she ordered at Chick-Fil-A and was disappointed they didn't have). The high school students painted the little ones' faces, and I was amazed at how well Emilia sat as her green cow emerged on her cheek. After that, more dancing, a book reading, and coloring. The excitement of the evening left me with a very tired little girl - one who was not at all going to fight me about bed time! She was dreaming of more dancing trips in a matter of minutes. Thank you, Kids' Night!
"I want green! I want a cow!"
Finished!
Silly dancing…
"Freeze!"
Slow motion dance…
Coloring her bookmark.
She showed everyone who walked by her table.
No comments:
Post a Comment