Jan 10, 2011

More Snow!


I'm really excited that it's snowed so much already this winter. One before Christmas, Christmas day, and now the week after New Years! Living in North Carolina and Tennessee for a combo of 14 years has told me that one snow is probably all you're going to get in the winter season, and don't get too attached to it because it'll only be one inch and melt when the sun comes out. However, God shined down on us last night and gave us a whopping two inches! (my friends in Michigan and Colorado are laughing, but seriously it's a lot for us)


I'm excited Emilia gets to experience it. She's shown her love of the white stuff by letting out loud bursts of disapproval whenever it's time to come in to warm up. I thoroughly loved taking pictures of the getting ready process! Philip is working from home today, so he didn't get to play in it with us. Perhaps we'll go out again later today.
Let me explain her feet in the below picture - we do not have any snow boots for the reason I mentioned above, thus I put shopping bags on her feet to keep the moisture away from her good shoes. I remember doing this as a child when we lived in South Carolina, so I figured it would work just as well with my little munchkin.

"Mom, seriously??"


Not worried about her layers anymore! I love this picture because she is so enthralled by the blanket of white. I tried to get her to taste it (don't worry - white, clean, fresh snow), but she wasn't interested yet.


Pure joy! I think there were birds or a plane going overhead at the time. We played right outside the window where Daddy was working, so she could wave hi and show him her new found interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment