Jan 29, 2011

Fun with Fondant

Philip's family gave me a cool Christmas present this year: a fondant cake class! Linda and Kelsey also got the treat, so three of us went together for a fun-filled morning of cake decorating. While it was well worth every minute, I greatly respect cake decorators because this is HARD work! The poor instructor had to come over to me several times because 1) I couldn't color my fondant 2) I couldn't ice a cake with butter creme icing and 3) she got a little nervous because I couldn't do #1 or #2. (Please note that I did get the hang of it after a few tries, and we all had several laughs in the process.) I reiterate: this is NOT easy! However, it is very rewarding to look at the final product. It's almost too pretty to eat - almost.


Unfortunately, I did not get pictures of the process, just the final product.

1 comment: