At 38 weeks, 20 weeks after we found out we were having a baby brother, we finally decided on a name: Henry Alton Minter! We like names that one may not hear very often, but are strong and not too different. As a teacher, it is a little difficult to find names I haven't taught. We nix all of those right off the bat. Then, we have to come up with names that both of us agree upon. Philip and I agreed upon two, but we couldn't decide on anything permanent until very recently.
Henry means "ruler of the home" in German. I've been praying continuously that this little guy be a strong leader in the home, at school, and in church. "Ruler of the home" seems quite fitting. Alton is the middle name of Philip's great-grandfather, Samuel Alton Headley, a man who had a great influence in Philip's life.
Little Henry has been Baby Brother for so long, that when asked, Emilia says "His name is Baby Brother Minter. He can be Henry tomorrow!" Poor guy...I have no doubt she'll be calling him "Baby Brother" until his 5th birthday. (Although, I will say that I was "Sister" until fifth grade - when I emphatically told my brother he could no longer call me that.)
What a great, strong name! Henry is cute for a little baby and super strong for an older guy. Alton is really cool!
ReplyDeleteYay! Love this name and the background! Someday our handsome little men will meet each other!
ReplyDelete