Even though her eyes are closed, I wanted to show that she was smiling during some points of the evening!
Dec 20, 2012
2,000,000 Lights plus a Santa
I really want to start festive traditions now since Emilia is old enough to enjoy them. One of those hopeful traditions is driving around to see Christmas Lights. Philip and I looked up places that would really have an impact on her. One delightful place we found was just about 20 miles outside of Nashville in Lebanon, TN. A Christmas enthusiast put together a display of 2,000,000 lights, complete with a real-live Santa and Frosty the Snowman. Even though Santa handed out candy canes to all the cars, Frosty took the stage this year waving in his snowman suit up too far from the road to shake his hand. The reason he was more important than the Jolly Elf? Frosty the Snowman happens to be Emilia's favorite holiday movie at the moment (I'm pretty sure we watched the movie 10 times after I purchased it after she begged me for it after watching it at least twice on television), so it was definitely her favorite part of the night. The Christmas display was festive, and I hope to do something similar again next year...maybe our goal should be to see all the lights displays in the Nashville area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment