Henry also received his vaccines on schedule. I hate that part. Hate. It! I know it's for his own good...to keep him healthy, but it's almost physically painful to watch two needles puncture my perfect baby's skin. Wrapping my head around the idea of all those dead viruses going in a little tiny 10 pound baby is difficult, but those with medical degrees say it's okay - healthy even. He did fine; no reactions.
Dec 6, 2012
Henry's 8 Week Check-Up
I was a little concerned when our pediatrician told me that Henry would not have a four week well-check visit. It's important for me to know that he is growing well and doesn't have any complications from life. [I took the measurements myself at home, and was pleased to find some growth at the four week mark (if I did them correctly)]. Thus, when Henry turned two months old, I was thrilled to tromp into the doctor's office and see how my little guy had plumped up to the "chunker" I knew he was. The moment of truth came when I laid him on the scale and saw that he was up to 10 lbs 4 oz! Yes! That was progress...up four pounds from when we left the hospital 8 shortish long weeks ago. Gaining an ounce a day. He even measured 22 1/2 inches long. However, when compared to 100 other boys his age, he's only in the 10th percentile in weight and head and 25th in length. No worries, though. He's growing and that's all that matters.
Henry also received his vaccines on schedule. I hate that part. Hate. It! I know it's for his own good...to keep him healthy, but it's almost physically painful to watch two needles puncture my perfect baby's skin. Wrapping my head around the idea of all those dead viruses going in a little tiny 10 pound baby is difficult, but those with medical degrees say it's okay - healthy even. He did fine; no reactions.
Henry also received his vaccines on schedule. I hate that part. Hate. It! I know it's for his own good...to keep him healthy, but it's almost physically painful to watch two needles puncture my perfect baby's skin. Wrapping my head around the idea of all those dead viruses going in a little tiny 10 pound baby is difficult, but those with medical degrees say it's okay - healthy even. He did fine; no reactions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment