Dec 4, 2010

My Next 30 Years

Tim McGraw's song "My Next 30 Years" has been a favorite of mine since freshman year of college. My roommate, Christi, and I would listen to that CD over and over, belting every word to all the lyrics. As an 18 year old, I distinctly remember thinking that 30 was such an old number, and couldn't possibly imagine being that old. Oh, how God loves to play the time game with us.

The past 12 years have flown, yielding many joyous and sad experiences (but mostly joyous): college - life-time friendships, boyfriends, spiritual awakening; saying goodbye to loved ones; traveling Europe; a career in teaching; meeting and marrying the love of my life, Philip; greeting Emilia into the world. Can the next 30 years possibly go by as fast as the first?

1 comment:

  1. The next 30 years will zoom and boom by even faster than the first 30!! I love you and love reading your writings! You are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete