Christmas Eve has been a time we get together with Philip's family for a little food, present or two, and reading of "Twas the Night Before Christmas." We got over there a little later than usual due to last minute holiday interruptions, and were prepared for an overnight stay if the weather got too tumultuous to drive home. Folks who say they know were predicting a white Christmas, and all the family was excited! How often does it happen???
Emilia was much more intuitive this year (compared to a 3 month old last year), and proved to be exciting herself. Once we could get her to open a gift, she didn't want to leave it, hence the interesting reading of the story. I posted pictures, so you can see her toddler-like movements. We couldn't stop laughing, which of course distracted from the quiet reading. Oh, well! (Normally, she loves being read to, but apparently blocks - her new present - was more exciting than reading a silly ole book.)
For Christmas Eve, I got Philip a book with this story and several others in it, so we can begin our own traditions of reading. I would love to begin a tradition of Christmas pajamas, hot chocolate, Polar Express, and the reading of a Christmas story and song from our book. Eh, I can dream, can't I?
No comments:
Post a Comment