Dec 27, 2010

A White Christmas

God's Christmas present was beautiful snow blanketing our yard when we woke up Christmas day. It was so white! We didn't go out and play in it, but observed from the windows.


We had a great Christmas morning seeing what Santa brought, opening gifts, munching on biscuits and coffee. Emilia loved her gifts. She got lots of clothes, toys, and books. We are so blessed! We had to take breaks between opening presents because she'd get so hung up on what she had just opened. I love that about small children: they don't care about how much they have, they're just appreciative of what is given to them. The selfishness and hoarding is a learned behavior - one I hope not to pass to her.


For Christmas dinner, I made pumpkin pie and sweet potato casserole (from scratch!) to take to Philip's folks. I enjoyed doing it very much. Next year, I'll throw in something new!

We had a big day/evening planned with gifts, food, games, and movies, but the girl could only hold out until 7. Big day for her! She loved every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment